Sunday, November 18, 2012

Lincoln

There are some serious nominations that are going to come out of Lincoln. I sat in that theater today knowing that Tommy Lee Jones and Daniel Day Lewis will receive nominations for best supporting actor and best actor. And if they don't I will be shocked. I will also be shocked if the nomination that TLJ will most likely receive doesn't turn into a win! He really brought the spice and life to the film. I could not have imagined a better Lincoln than Daniel Day Lewis. His acting was spot on and his looks are similar to Lincoln's as well. This film might also be up for costumes and makeup awards. The detail was exquisite. Now that I have listed all the possible awards for this film, let's talk about it.

The movie is exactly what you would expect. The politics are not subtle and not hidden; they are right in front of your face. But the film is rich with history and great language that no one uses anymore. It is also rich with a myriad of actors all with great talent. For instance, did you know that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in this movie? I sure didn't. His character was minor as Rob Lincoln, the son, but it still meant something to have him in the cast.

The history is amazing. If you are a buff then your love for this film will run deep. I teared up several times thinking about the roots of our great nation. As a teacher last year working in Missouri I taught a whole month unit on the Civil War to my fourth grade students. Their emotions whilst learning were heartwarming and since then I have wanted to re-examine the history for myself. This movie allowed me to do that and brought me enjoyment as well. Even if you know nothing about politics or our nation's history this movie can still be for you! Get a big bucket of popcorn and go anyways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment