Saturday, March 7, 2015

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Yesterday, March 6th, seemed like just another day. Until I was riding in my sisters car and remembered that Tina Fey's new comedy had premiered on Netflix. As a person who fondly refers to myself as a grandma, and goes to bed extremely early (yes, even on Friday nights), I couldn't stop watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  

If you are like me and never got over the fact that 30 Rock ended or if you currently have a gaping hole in your heart labeled Parks and Rec then get on Netflix immediately and settle in! Ellie Kemper shines in the plucky, energetic role of a woman who is enamoured with the streets of New York and everything 2015 after being kept underground in a bunker by a cult leader for fifteen years. The music, feel and all around energy make you feel like you are back with Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey at the top of The Rock. Plus it doesn't hurt that Jane Krakowski is up to her old tricks as well as a inflated New York housewife. 

I'm planning on watching all day. And then I'll head into a Netflix inspired depression as usual when I finish the first season. Let the laying around commence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment