Sunday, October 14, 2012

Top Ten Movies to Watch When You Need a Good Cry

There are times in life when we just need to cry it out. A lot of things may be going on in your life, or maybe you are just having a super over-emotional day. Either way, I love to have a good cry sometimes. I purposely watch movies sometimes that make you have that good, strong, feel-good-at-the-end-of-it cry. I know this post probably won't reach a lot of men, but let's face it: most of my posts are geared toward women anyways. I know a huge chunk of you out there know what I am talking about. Here are ten movies that you can watch when you get that feeling

1. Marley & Me I saw this movie before I ever owned a dog and bawled my eyes out. Since getting a dog a few years ago I have refused to watch the ending. But if I need a good cry, I know where to turn.

2. My Girl There are no words to amply describe this movie and the emotions that it stirs up inside of people. Whoever wrote this movie and the sequel is a genius and I cry ever single time I watch it.

3. Up! Disney did it again with this one! I saw this movie on a first date and I was so thankful for the 3D glasses that hid my tears. That animated couple may just be the sweetest thing in the world.

4. The Notebook My mom never wanted me to see this movie in my teenage years. I never knew why, but when I did finally see it I cried so hard that I couldn't stop. What a moving story and told from such a new and different perspective. I could watch it over and over and shed tears every time.

5. Steel Magnolias Everyone knows this film and everyone cries at the end.

6. The Family Stone I don't know what it is about Rachel McAdams, but she always picks great movies. This is a classic story about a family at Christmas time. If you don't cry when watching this movie then you don't have a soul.

7. Sophie's Choice You knew Meryl Streep would be hidden in this list somewhere. This movie is a lot like Life is Beautiful and other Holocaust films, but there is a deeper pain to it if you ask me. You will definitely let some tears fall while watching Sophie as she tells the story of her life decision.

8. Simon Burch I guess I was one of the only people who saw this movie growing up. Most people who are my age have not seen it. If you haven't you truly should watch it. Even if you don't need a good cry this movie is amazing and truly touching and inspirational.

9. He's Just Not That Into You I love this movie for so many reasons. I cry every time I watch it. The thing that I love most about it though, and the reason it makes me tear up is because of how real and genuine the different lives are within it. It ends with reality instead of perfection like your typical Hollywood style chick flick.

10. Pay It Forward Great movie, great concept, great acting. This one is a must see and will be sure to make you bawl. 

1 comment:

  1. Great movies!! Simon Burch and Pay it forward are my all time favorite movies!!

    ReplyDelete