Saturday, October 13, 2012

Meeting Giuliana Rancic

Just got in from one of the most exciting nights! You guys know that I love to write this blog, it seriously makes me so happy; another thing that makes me elated is when I get to meet and interact with the stars that I love to write about so much. I have written a couple of posts about Giuliana Rancic and how I love her show Giuliana & Bill on the Style Network. I also love all of her work for E!News and for red carpet events. She has such a personality and grace about her, not to mention how inspiring and beautiful she is. I have always wanted to see her in person because I just knew that she was one of the few stars that truly are who they present themselves as.

Well, let me tell you! She is truly is an amazing and inspirational woman. I got to see Giuliana tonight in Stamford at The Palace for Paint the Town Pink. My friend Mallory and I went together. I kept saying that I knew it was going to be a night to remember, mostly because I was hanging out with a great friend, but also because it just felt extra special. We went to the happy hour offered at Butterfield 8 Restaurant before the show and had a couple of drinks. Then we headed over to the show.

Giuliana speaking was not only touching and inspirational, but it was also hysterical. She has a way of approaching the audience as if she is telling a story to her best friend. Her anecdotes were great and her whole demeanor is contagiously happy. She spoke about always having a positive attitude, and that is something that she truly possesses. Through all of her ups and downs throughout life, and especially in these past couple of years struggling with infertility and breast cancer, she is a strong woman who fights through whatever is given to her with a positive attitude. I admire her not only for her strength but for her character. She also spoke about going after what you want in life and what you are good at. I hope to someday make this blog into a bigger thing and I felt so supported sitting in that room listening to her talk. Listening to her speak was phenomenal, and then she opened it up to the audience for Q&A. I asked her to tell about her weirdest interview experience to which she answered with a story about how Russell Crowe only let her ask two questions and then criticized the questions that she asked. I was on cloud nine just getting to ask a question.

Then at the end of the show she came into the audience to meet a girl who is struggling with muscular dystrophy and scoliosis. It was touching to see how they interacted with each other. It obviously meant so much to the girl, and you could tell it meant a lot to Giuliana as well. Then I gave her my jentertainment card and we took a photo with her. Check out all the photos below. Giuliana if you are reading this thank you so much! You are an inspiration to all women and I truly admire you! Please do another season of Giuliana & Bill :)








2 comments:

  1. Oh my god that is so cool! She seems so sweet on Giuliana & Bill it's good to know she really is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best! Good question! Love this.

    ReplyDelete