Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Foliage in Cinema & Television

Today is the first day that I got up that extra five minutes early so that I could start my car and let it warm up. It's also the first day that I wore a jacket out of the house and it's also the first day that I wore my imitation Ugg boots to work. I hate when the weather gets cold, but I do love that the cold weather provides more time inside, which means curling up and watching a great television show rerun or a movie. I got to thinking about all the television shows and movies that have really beautiful fall foliage. I love when you are watching something and you can almost smell the crisp air and hear the leaves crunching underneath your feet. So here are ten movies or TV shows that came to mind:

1. When Harry Met Sally Not only is the movie seriously the most beloved chick flick ever but it has scenes of New York City in autumn. Gotta love it. 

2. You've Got Mail Another classic again based in the city. This one has lots of turnover from season to season but you still get the jist of fall while watching. 

3. Gilmore Girls Hello, a small beautiful town nestled in the heart of Connecticut! Not only is that adorable, but then consider that Rory goes to Yale and all the beauty on that campus. 

4. Stepmom This movie is not only heart-wrenching to watch but beautiful. There are several great fall scenes including one with Susan Sarandon sitting all wrapped up in blankets outside with the leaves swirling around her. 

5. Dead Poets Society This is another one that transcends a lot of time, but the fall scenes are beautiful. 

6. Sex & the City Love, love, love this show and love all the footage of New York City. But I do love the episodes that feature fall weather, remember the fireman calendar episode?

7. One True Thing Meryl is in this movie, which makes it fabulous, along with Lauren Graham and Renee Zellweger. The scenery is beautiful and the story will make you cry, so snuggle up and don't forget the tissue. 

8. Practical Magic Well the movie is based on witches in the fall, so there you go. 

9. October Sky Look at the title and love the month baby! 

10. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown Classic, do not argue with me 

No comments:

Post a Comment