Thursday, October 4, 2012

Real Mean People of New Jersey

I watched the first episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion last night. I know, I am behind the times since the episode aired on Sunday night. But, even though I watched it late, I have one word for you: wow! Honestly, I don't know what any of these women are thinking anymore. I love a lot of them, and really the only person I don't like is Teresa, but they have all lost their minds. The kind of language that they spew at each other is despicable. I truly feel bad for Andy Cohen and I have no idea how he makes it through these things. He is such a good mediator and always has a smile on his face no matter how serious the question.

This reunion is three parts in total. I thought to myself, the first one will be calm then! Hell no, this thing was cray-cray. There were some good one-liners such as Caroline calling Teresa's dress a "Christmas pageant dress," but if you ask me the rest of the episode was just out of control. First off, Jacqueline sharing that footage of her son was heartbreaking. If the footage itself wasn't moving enough, the reaction on Jacqueline and Caroline's faces should have made every single person's heart melt. But Teresa acting like she had no idea, when she has reported otherwise when asked on other shows....is downright malicious and rude. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Then the whole debacle between Kathy and Teresa and the screaming Rosie backstage was almost too much for me. Not too much for me to not tune in this week, but wow! I know that they haven't filmed another season, and now I know why. I kept wondering throughout watching this season why there was no news of it getting picked up again. Well, now I understand. None of these women can stand to be in the same room with another, so how are they supposed to film a show? It will be interesting to see who gets spinoffs, but we all know that the Manzo-Laurita clan will be offered one. That is if a network is smart enough to realize the blatant potential there.

So, long story short: if you haven't yet viewed the explosive episode from last week get on it! And if you have make sure you tune in this Sunday as the craziness continues. In the meantime, there are a couple of really funny reenactments of the episode around the internet. Specifically look for Liam Neeson and Ethan Hawke and then Anderson Cooper with Jimmy Fallon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment