Saturday, September 8, 2012

10 Reasons to go to the Movies this Fall

Now that summer is fading, and everyone is back in school, and some people are depressed with the warm weather and lazy days gone...I decided to write a post to cheer you all up. Here is a look at the top ten movies that you should be seeing this fall/winter. I am excited to present this list because even though summer is traditionally known for the best time to release movies, there is a lot to look forward to this coming season.

1. Bachelorette This movie is actually in theaters now. It stars Kirsten Dunst, Isla Fisher, Rebel Wilson and Lizzy Caplan. All of these girls have done amazing things. My personal favorite is Rebel, with Bridesmaids and What to Expect When You're Expecting under her belt, I know this is going to be a great film for her as well. The film focuses on Rebel's character getting married and asking the girls who made fun of her in high school to be in her bridal party. I am headed to see it soon, maybe even this afternoon!

2. The Words As I mentioned in my post last night, I am beyond excited for this film. Not only does it star the lovely BCoop, but also Zoey Saldana and huge names like Dennis Quaid and Jeremy Irons. The film looks nothing short of fantastic and the story line looks to be the best part. It's fresh and original, something that seems to be hard to come by these days. It's also out now.

3. Arbitrage A thriller starring Richard Gere and Susan Sarandon. I don't think I really need to explain this one any further. If you need any convincing whatsoever, go watch the trailer and you will be ready to buy your ticket.

4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower Based on the best-selling book this film is going to be epic. It's an anthem for young teens and the cast is there to back it up. Numero uno would be Emma Watson in her first huge role since Harry Potter. I will be first in line to see this one.

5. Hotel Transylvania A great animated hit that it sure to be great for the whole family. It has a great cast to back up what looks like an adorable story line of monsters hiding out in Transylvania. Selena Gomez and Adam Sandler are the two frontrunners.

6. Trouble With The Curve Do you love Clint Eastwood? What about Amy Adams? Or better yet, Justin Timberlake? If you like any of these guys, or all three, then go see this movie. It also looks great for anyone who loves baseball. Clint is a baseball scout whose eyes are failing him so much that he can't do his job. It looks like a huge winner to me.

7. Taken 2 I am going to be extremely honest right now, I have not seen the first Taken, but you better believe I will be doing a double feature when this sequel comes out. I love Liam Neeson and I am aware of the crime I have committed by not seeing the original sooner. Either way, I am excited to see what twists and turns are thrown into this thriller.

8. Butter Jennifer Garner, Ty Burrell, Ashley Greene, Hugh Jackman and more. That's not a sentence, but it sure is a list of excellent actors. This movie looks like a rare art form, and I am not just saying that because it centers are carving butter into art. My future Hollywood husband, Ty Burrell, is going to rock this film.

9. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II I couldn't really write a post about fall movies without including the most waited for of all. I will admit that this recent turmoil of a cheating scandal has made the movie look even more appealing. The teaser trailers are still the most ridiculous and stupidest thing I have ever seen, but it's the end of an era. I will recognize.

10. Les Miserables You didn't think I would leave this off the list did you? Again, let's just name the stars of this movie to prove that even if you don't enjoy musicals, you will straight up love this movie: Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Helena Bonham Carter. This movie is going to be a huge hit in my house because this musical is our favorite of all time.  I have known every word to every song since the age of five. Christmas night will be spent in a theater trying desperately not to sing along embarrassingly with every word.

Like I said, there is a lot to see this fall. Only choosing ten movies to put on this list turned out to be near impossible. The point is just go see the films! 

No comments:

Post a Comment