Thursday, August 9, 2012

Should Be Called Kreating Problems with the Kardashians

I love the Kardashians. I could not be more serious about this, I have read Kris' book, I watch all the shows, and I read all the news that I can about this family. All this being said, I feel like the show Keeping Up with the Kardashians should get a name change: Kreating Problems with the Kardashians. I say this because that is all that seems to happen from episode to episode. The producers are digging for more ways to showcase this hilarious family. Instead of just letting them go and capturing the natural insanity that takes place with this crazy bunch, the producers are staging more and more problems and watching the fallout.

Take point number 1: Do Kris & Bruce have a real marriage, or do they just stay married for television? Who will truly ever know the answer to this question? Every single episode Kris and Bruce experience some kind of marriage problem. The week before last, the episode seemed to create such a problem that it seemed to fans it might be the end of their marriage. The this week's episode features Bruce going to a sleep clinic. A few week's ago, the producers planted Angie Everhart on the golf course so that Bruce would become friends with her and in turn they knew that would piss off Kris. I am not saying that this show is not reality, because it is. However, the producers are controlling the reality and this season I think it is more than obvious to fans.

Or take point number 2: Any scene that features Rob or Scott is completely planted. I am sure that the producers tell them exactly what jokes to make and how to react when one of the girls says something outrageous. I think they both add to the show so much, and they definitely bring the male presence that the cast can lack, but its not natural anymore.

Point number 3: The whole debacle in the beginning of the season with Khloe moving back from Dallas. As well as know, the whole situation has been hush hush. That is completely understandable, but the drama that ensues with her sisters needing her for every single second of their lives immediately upon her return was over-dramatized. Khloe's reaction to the whole issue was extremely over-dramatized.

 All in all I just think the producers are losing steam with the show and so they are looking for new avenues to entertain fans. Unless we want to see more of kreated problems, I think the producers would do well to look back and take the show back to its crazy, grounded, natural feel. There are two more seasons on contract, and in order to keep their crazy fans some real damage control needs to be done. 

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree with this! Love the kardashians. I could probably just watch a live tape of their lives happening. So producers should let us do just that -- stop adding to the drama. It's getting very fake fast and when fans notice fake they no longer feel connected.

    ReplyDelete