Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Expectations Are Already Met

I just got wind that Mike Newell, the director of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has taken on a new project. Now, before you get too excited I will tell you that it is a new adaptation of the hated book known as Great Expectations. For all of you out there who sat in ninth grade English class sincerely hating every single page of this book, I am completely one hundred percent with you. For all of you who fell in love with the cherished and classic Dicken's novel, I commend you, because you have greater commitment to literature than I do!

Either way, I can tell you that you will want to see this movie no matter what side of the fence you sit on when it comes to this novel. And here's why...it is straight up another Harry Potter reunion. We all know that certain movies have done really well because they have the combined forces of the actors that portrayed an entire generation's favorite characters. Yes, our generation (and all the others as well) love Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street and Love Actually. These movies are great, but there is the added element of watching your favorite actors embrace a new role and come together on the screen again in a less magical, but still completely awesome way. So I know you have been dying of suspense, I am finally going to tell you who is in this movie!

Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Robbie Coltrane! Re-read that list and just let the excitement really set in! I mean, what could make Great Expectations worth it?! This can! I will be first in line when the movie finally hits the United States. I do not yet know when that is, but it is hitting the Toronto Film Festival this fall and then set to be released in the UK in November. If you still aren't excited, go look up a trailer and trust me the excitement will set it's way into your bones.

It's going to met all of our expectations, because how could it not!?


No comments:

Post a Comment