Sunday, March 11, 2012

Decent Remake

Yesterday, as I told you I redboxed Footloose, the new one. It was one of the most decent and well-done remakes I have seen in a long time.

The casting was very well done. I think the only person that I truly missed from the original movie was Kevin Bacon. And really, how can you not miss Bacon when watching Footloose??! The song were well done and mixed up a little bit to meet the new generation. My favorite cast person was Miles Teller who played Willard. He did not only an excellent job on studying up on his role, but he also added something to the character that made him even more likeable. And of course, I loved DQuaid as the father of Ariel and overbearing minister of the town. He was great with his chemistry with his on-screen daughter played by Julianne Hough. The cutest member of the cast, who I have blogged about before, was Maggie Elizabeth Jones. She is seriously the cutest thing, I blogged about her earlier this year when I saw We Bought A Zoo. And again I will say about this little girl, she has quite the potential for a great career if she keeps it up. Her cuteness just makes me smile. In this film she plays Ren's youngest cousin. The scene where she dances to "I Need A Hero" was adorable!

Only a few things were changed from the original. The only thing that I wasn't a fan of that they changed was the tractor race scene from the original. In this version instead of racing tractors, they race buses on a race car track. The boy that Ariel is dating before she dates Ren is not a kid from the high school instead he is a local race car driver in the next town over from Bomont. The bus racing is anticlimactic if you ask me and because the town is so small and country, it just makes more sense to have a tractor race. I felt like it took away from the ambiance.

Overall, I would give the remake four out of five stars, which is hard to come by when you watch as many movies as I do. Today's movie is Abduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment