Monday, January 23, 2012

My Oscar Predictions

The biggest red carpet is going to be officially rolled out tomorrow with the announcement of the nominations for the 2012 Oscar Award Ceremony. This is a huge deal, especially this year with so many great films, actors, actresses, crew and songs out there to honor. What will the cards say tomorrow? Who will get that coveted phone call and feel the love and who will feel the scorn and abandonment? I have decided to give you my predictions for this years nods.

Before I do I wanted to include this fun post from EW that has a very interesting fact about Meryl: http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/23/oscars-by-the-numbers-2012/

Anyway onto my predictions:

Best Actor:
I would say this category has basically crafted itself already. I am going to go for some that are a stretch though, sincerely hoping that my deepest wishes come true. You are definitely going to see George Clooney get a nod for The Descendants. I would also favor him to win for this category. Jean Dujardin is also on my list for The Artist. This next one might be a long shot, but the Oscars have favored Matt Damon in the past. I think that he will receive a nomination for The Adjustment Bureau. I would love, love, love to see Daniel Radcliffe get nominated, but I truly do not think that will happen! Next, I'm putting money on Brad Pitt for Moneyball and lastly, Leonardo DiCaprio for J. Edgar.

Best Actress:
This is easy to pin as well. First, Viola Davis for The Help. Meryl Streep for Iron Lady is a definite. This truly might also be the year she finally wins her third Oscar. Based on the Globes Shailene Woodley might be getting a nod for The Descandents as well. The Oscars are a lot tougher to get the nominations then the Globes, so I am not a definite on this one. My fourth choice is also a long shot, but I feel like it might be the year for some young nominees. Chloe Moretz from Hugo has a possibility of getting a nod as well. The last prediction of mine is Michelle Williams for My Week With Marilyn.

Best Picture
1. The Descendants
2. The Iron Lady
3. Hugo
4. My Week With Maryiln
5. The Help 

Best Supporting Actor: My dream is Alan Rickman for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. However, I am completely stumped as to who it will really be.

Best Supporting Actress: I can almost see into my crystal ball to predict Octavia Spencer for The Help.


Let's see if I am right in the morning. Nominations will be announced tomorrow morning at 8:30 am Eastern time zone! I will be here tomorrow night will all the buzz and some Oscar's trivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment