Monday, January 16, 2012

Extra, Extra...read all the day after news

Today was a big day for entertainment news. I am going to hodge podge it today and talk about a little of this and a little of that.

1. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake:
ARE THEY ENGAGED OR NOT? Sources including Wonderwall and others are reporting that they are officially engaged. I have heard the news as early as the week after Christmas when Justin Timberlake's grandmother leaked it to the press. I have no doubt that they are in fact engaged, but if they are, let's see the ring! Biel has showed up to two huge events this week, one of them being the Golden Globes, without anything on her left hand. Even if it is being resized, this is for the stars, that jeweler should be rushing that order! I am excited to see the big reveal, whenever that might happen.


2. Ricky Gervais does well at the Globes again. According to NBC's Today Show footage this morning, lots of stars at the Globes last night said they thought Ricky was on his game. As I previously mentioned, I thought his hosting was lacking in some areas, but it seems that if he wants to come back for a fourth year running, the job looks to be his. I would hope that he turns it down and lets someone else step up to the plate. I personally think it would be hilarious to see Steve Carell up there, since him and Gervais has such sibling rivalry.

3. Betty White's 90 birthday party was aired tonight! Who doesn't love Betty?! That's right, no one! She is amazing, talented, and downright classy. Her jokes can sometimes be class-less but she always comes out on top. Her career has been long and filled with many great costars along the way. Many of them including Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Ed Asner and Carol Burnett spoke about their love for Betty. What is your favorite Betty White role? I would have to say my vote is for Grandma Annie in The Proposal with a close second of Hot in Cleveland. 




4. Harvy Weinstein was on The Today Show this morning for an interview with Uggie sitting by him (the dog from The Artist). His quote was my favorite of all the Golden Globes presenters, news and interviews. He was asked by Natalie Morales if he slept at all last night and he said "I haven't slept because I have been pulling Meryl Streep and Michelle Williams down from dancing on tables." How great is that? Both of those women big winners last night, they deserved to party.

5. More award shows are coming up. The next big one is the Screen Actors Guild Awards on January 29th. Also, don't miss the Oscar nominations which come out next Tuesday. Who do you think will be nominated? I am of course hoping that Streep and Davis get nominated for Best Actress. Based on the Globes I can see both Clooney and Pitt getting noms for Best Actor. The miracle I am really hoping for is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II to be selected as a nominee for Best Picture. It's a long stretch, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment