Sunday, April 22, 2012

Light Week

It's been a fairly light week in entertainment news. We are being fed a lot of little stories that are cute, but that wouldn't truly be newsworthy any other week. Here are the few stories that have broken this week that I think are of some merit.

Catching Fire does indeed have a new director. You guys know from my previous post that Gary Ross stepped down in directing any and all of the sequels to The Hunger Games. So now the company  has found Francis Lawrence who is known for directing Water for Elephants. I hope that Lawrence is versatile because those two films couldnt be any more different if they tried.We will just have to play the wait and see game and discover what happens when we all sit down for Catching Fire.

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds have officially bought a home together in Bedford, New York. They are downright adorable as a couple, but I do not like it. You see, I have been hoping that somehow magically I would end up with Ryan Reynolds. I know what you are thinking, so has every other girl in America and millions around the world. Oh well, a girl can dream. And it looks like, at least for now, that dream has come to an end. Best of luck to you Blake and Ryan while decorating your new humble abode.

Kim takes Kanye to meet the fam. Yesterday, Kim and Kanye spent some quality time with the whole Kardashian Klan. Word has it that he was more than well received.  The whole family seemed to love Kanye and approve of the relationship between him and Kim. I know I have mentioned this before, but with the new season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, I wonder how much we will see him. Early reports on the show indicated that the wouldn't be seen until the very end of the season, but I never believe those reports. The same people who write those reports probably wrote the ones that said Khloe & Lamar would be a season completely focused on the move to Dallas. Which we all now know is completely untrue. I approve of Kimye....do you? But Kim, that doesn't mean I think you should walk down the aisle again anytime soon.

This last tidbit has been almost completely ignored because of its content. But I am not the kind to not talk about things just because it can be weird for some people. Apparently, this week a lawsuit has been filed against The Bachelor.  The show recently held casting calls looking for their new starring man for the season to air after Emily's bachelorette season. This said casting call took place last August and two men of color are now suing because they were not given the same consideration or time during the interview process as white men were. I think that this is not only wrong, but a little bit crazy. I am an avid watcher of the show, both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Every main contestant on both shows has been white, and frankly I would like to see that shaken up a bit. Hopefully these two guys will get what they are looking for out of the lawsuit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment