Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Why the 7th Heaven Theme Song Will Never Sound the Same Again

Stephen Collins, an actor most well known for his iconic role on the nineties show 7th Heaven, was ousted as being a child molester a few weeks ago. Since then the media has been all in a frenzy and Collins and his estranged wife have put the houses up for sale. 

As I was getting ready to write this post I was touched with a spot of sadness. I am a 90's child myself, and grew up watching all the hours and hours of Camden fun. Collins played Reverend Eric Camden. He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but he had a knack for finding everyone and anyone who needed help. It's kind of ironic to me that the last episode that I watched of this show focused on rape while Collins has admitted to sexual molestation. 

I have to admit, I just watched the episode a few weeks ago. I am known to watch reruns like my life depends on it. So as I sat there watching this rerun on rape and a young girl who had been attacked by her mother's boyfriend, I felt all the usual emotions. Yes, it was a cheesy show from the 90's, but it can still get to you. Now I am struck by all kinds of feelings as I think about Collins admitting what he has done to presumably young girls. This whole thing is still sketchy. Collins hasn't been charged with anything and so therefore the story remains to have a real backbone. Allegedly, Stephen was in therapy and admitted to some things a few years back. The news first broke that the state of California had submitted evidence and then the media got hold of it. Later it was revealed that his estranged wife let some evidence leak from some recordings she made in therapy without Collin's knowledge. Now the wife is saying some pretty outlandish things that I won't even dane to mention on my blog. 

So I guess now the question is: are the allegations true or is this a wife's very invested vendetta? The question remains to be answered. Either way, Collins career is ruined. If he has done these things he should seriously be disgusted and if not then the wife should face some penalties.  Hopefully in time the truth will be told and whatever party needs to face penalties will. The theme song mentions coming home and Collins won't be doing that anytime soon. Although no matter what happens I think I will have a hard time seeing Collins as a pastor with good intentions from here on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment