Saturday, October 25, 2014

I Don't Think We Will Find Out How She Met Dad!

As a late joiner to the HIMYM series, I felt like How I Met Your Dad sounded like an overworked and tired idea. It appears now that I am not the only one whom feels this way. 

Greta Gerwig and Meg Ryan were announced in big roles as the star and the narrator. In addition, a couple other minor stars were cast. However, there has been no news of production of the show. I think the idea is dead on the production room floor. When HIMYM first came out I felt that it was a washed up, bad revamp of Friends. Three seasons into the show I realized that it did have some merit and could stand on its own. But there apparently isn't anything for this spin off to stand on. Why they didn't try a spinoff about Barney is beyond me. Neil Patrick Harris could carry his own show with ease and he is red hot right now. How can the writers come up with new story lines without reusing something from one of the nine seasons of stories they have already used? 

The idea sounded nice at first. But that was before the writers tanked their own finale.  And before people have had time to come down from the HIMYM.  Guess we will have to find another sitcom to watch. I hope it is something with brand new plot lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment