Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When A Movie Catches Your Heart

Everyone has that one movie (or a few if you are me) that sticks with you. Once you see the movie, you carry it with you in your heart. Its almost as if the characters and the essence of the film physically move themselves into your heart and stay there. The same feelings are ignited each time you watch it, whether it's the fifth time or the hundred and fiftieth time you have seen it. 

For me, my movie is The Family Stone. You could say it's my favorite movie because I always carry it with me. I love everything about it: the fact that it takes place at Christmas time, the actors, the story line and the feelings it evokes in me every time. My mom's movie is Moonstruck. She loves the music, identifies with the characters and gushes over the whole thing. I'm sure I have gotten you thinking about your own movie that you have a great passion for. 

With all the new films coming out constantly, we sometimes forget the fact that films are supposed to create feelings in us. We should be able to put ourselves in the character's shoes and embody what they are striving for. Sometimes we get caught up in the special effects, the big ticket actors and the amount of money that is poured into the silver screen. This time of year is a great time to snuggle up and watch "your movie" that makes your heart feel happy. Get the hot chocolate and a blanket and remember what it's like to be touched by a movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment