Friday, November 30, 2012

Coming Soon

Here is a list of really fun looking films that are coming out in 2013. I don't know a lot of information about each of them, but what I do know I wanted to share. 2012 is winding down and very soon I will be making my official predictions of nominees for the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards. Until then I hope these little tidbits will tide you over. Coming soon in 2013:

Jack the Giant Slayer
This is a modern day twist on the famous tale Jack and the Beanstalk. I don't know any more about the plot yet, but we all know the general ending. What I can share with you is that the cast looks phenomenal. Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor and Bill Nighy all take on leading roles in this throwback film.

The Counselor
A thriller involving drug trafficking and a whole lot of trouble. Sounds intriguing, but once again the cast will add the big ticket behind the sales. In this film Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt and Penelope Cruz are the headliners.

Admission
Two people, four words, best pairing ever: Tina Fey, Paul Rudd. What could be better? The concept of the film seems pretty great as well. Fey's character is an admission officer for Princeton University who travels around recruiting kids. She interacts with Rudd when he brings her drags her to an alternative schools bringing some surprises of its own.

Oz: The Great and Powerful
I love The Wizard of Oz and loved reading "Wicked." So I don't see how I could not love this film that is hitting theaters next March. I am almost sure you have seen the first trailer by now, but if you haven't you will be excited to hear that the film features James Franco, Mila Kunis, and Michelle Williams.

The Great Gatsby
Best book I ever read for school. Best cast that could possibly be assembled for this film. Epic costumes and a set that looks to come straight from the pages of the book. Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby: best interpretation ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment