Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Ten Best Boyfriends in Movies, Television and Books

This has been a really entertaining post to write. I will admit that of course this list is a little bit biased toward the kind of personality traits that I deem necessary in a good boyfriend. But, I will also admit that I tried very hard to stretch my brain to include many different types of men (and let's admit some boys). I enlisted my family to help me with the list, and I will tell you: it was not easy to compile. See what you think.

1. Ron Weasley: And no I am not confusing him with Harry Potter. Harry would be a great man to marry, and I am sure that Ginny is very happy in her fictional world. However, Ron has the humor and the adorableness to back him up. He also knows what it is like to come from a family that has to make ends meet, so he would be frugal without being neglectful. He knows how to pine over a woman too and when he finally does get Hermione he treats her right. Plus, he is a Ginger and some women find that secretly very attractive.

2. Chandler Bing: I didn't choose Ross here because I really didn't want any comments reading in all capital letters "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" Although I think Ross is a great manfriend choice, I would go with Chandler. Here's why: he has the humor. I know the second person in a row who knows how to be funny. But when everything is going wrong your fictional boyfriend should be able to tell a joke. He does have commitment issues, but frankly that just makes him like 80% of all men. Plus all the one-liners that you would have hanging out with him would be priceless. You could write a book and make tons of money. Could there BE a better boyfriend?!

3. Wesley (The Princess Bride): "As you wish." I don't think there a more selfless thing a man could utter. This dude would go to the ends of the earth to find you if you were lost and would even take on a new identity in order to find you. And hell, he can come back from the dead. Not to mention he is pretty darn attractive; I would make him cut his hair, but that's just me.

4. Mickey Mouse: We all know how cute Mickey Mouse is. We also all know how cute he and Minnie are as a couple. However, if they were to ever break up and if you were to ever become a mouse...he would make a great boyfriend. He's funny, has a cute little laugh, a loving dog, a good group of friends and he has shown he knows how to sacrifice it all for love. What am I talking about you ask? I am talking about Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas in which he acts out the Gift of the Magi. He gives away his prized harmonica just to buy his girlfriend a gift. Get in line girls.

5. John Smith (Pocahontas): Now I know what some are you are thinking, but he overcame his racism that he had at the beginning of the story. Smith is strapping, built and definitely easy on the eyes. Plus he is extremely resourceful and knows how to use the land to make food, shelter and wealth.

6. Paul Buchman (Mad About You): Paul is the perfect well-rounded guy. He has it all and would offer it all to you. He's funny charismatic, kind, genuine and your normal everyday kind of guy.

7. Aidan Shaw (Sex and the City): This guy has so many good things that make enable him to a member of this list. First off, he is adorable. Kind of that dorky, gawky cute...but he has it. He would make a good boyfriend because he has a gentle little voice and great, big, protective emotions. If you guys remember he waits for Carrie for a long amount of time. I like to refer to him fondly as Mr. Commitment. He is not going to stray away from getting serious, and that is a huge thing that can lack in many men.

8. Matt Flamhaff (13 Going on 30): I recently watched this movie after not seeing it for a long time. What I discovered was how great this character was and my love for Mark Ruffalo. But Matt makes a great boyfriend because he is the boy next door. He is that awkward kid that you grew up with and never envisioned there being anything there that could even remotely be related to a spark or a connection. But sometimes BAM, love happens! Matty is kind, genuine and always puts his friends first. What more could you ask for?

9. Luke Danes (Gilmore Girls): If I put this list in order, I would put Luke at number one. I mean honestly if you have even seen one episode of Gilmore Girls, you know what I am talking about. Luke is not only great boyfriend material, but also husband material. Whenever I watch the show I gush about Luke all the time! Seriously, ask my family. He is the best fictional boyfriend ever because he is down to earth, can kick anyone's butt, loves Lorelai to death and protects Rory like she is his own kid.

10. Johnny Castle (Dirty Dancing): This one is for all the girls out there who like the bad boy type. I will admit when I first thought of putting Johnny on this list, I wasn't sure that he made the cut. He doesn't always treat Baby right, but he has a way with women. And we have to admit that we like that. He also goes out of his way to help his friends and he is a really good dancer. He has that bad boy edge without being too dangerous, just enough to allow you to feel like you are having the thrill of a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment