Thursday, October 18, 2012

Emily Owens M.D.

I am really bad at trying new television series. Mostly because I am afraid I will really like them and then I will have yet another thing to DVR and watch every week. But currently with the Kardashians on break, no Bachelor or Bachelorette and no Biggest Loser...I have had some extra room in my life. I think even if I didn't have any extra room, I would have taped this show anyway. Here's why: Emily Owens M.D. stars Mamie Gummer, Meryl Streep's daughter. So, of course I was going to watch it.

The show airs on Tuesday nights on The CW. I really loved the pilot episode because it was fresh and funny. The acting was dead on and it kind of felt like a young Grey's Anatomy. Except for the star, Emily, has way more personality than Meredith. I really liked Emily's character, it showed a lot of room for growth. The storyline and plot also showed a lot of room for growth as well. Which shows you the quality of the writing. The funniest part to me was that the whole time you are watching you get to hear the dialogue, but you also get to hear Emily's thoughts. It was a cool mix of comedy and hospitals, but different than Scrubs, it's an entirely different animal. I like hospital shows, but some of them burn out so quickly. I have high hopes for this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment