Monday, September 10, 2012

Watch of the Week

It's Bewitched! No, not the television show, but the movie. Made in 2005 this movie stars some of the greats! You got headliners Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell, then you've got the supporting cast of Shirley MacLaine, Michael Caine, Kristen Chenoweth and Steve Carell. All excellent, well-known names and they brought their A-game on this one.

The plot focuses on the recreating of the show Bewitched. The part lands in the hands of a real life witch Samantha. Ferrell's character is a stuck-up, overpaid actor who think of himself just a little short of God. I bet you saw this coming but they fall in love. That's all I am going to give you though!

Reasons to watch it:

1. The cast. I know I already stated it, but seriously this ensemble is pretty fantastic. It was when it was made and this people are still amazing. It is one of my favorite Nicole Kidman movies for sure.

2. The theme. If you loved the show Bewitched you will love this as well! It brings back the ambiance of the show with enough of a new twist to keep you intrigued.

3. The soundtrack. Oddly enough the soundtrack to this movie is awesome. It's peppy and upbeat and makes the film flow extra smoothly.

4. Michael Caine. I know I am really hitting the cast hard here...but seriously, it's Michael Caine. Who doesn't love him? I definitely love him, in every single thing I have ever seen him in. His character in this film reminds me a lot of his role in Miss Congeniality

No comments:

Post a Comment