Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Just got back from seeing The Odd Life of Timothy Green. I cannot say enough good things about this film. Seriously, it was so well done, the acting was dead on and the little boy who is just eleven years old should get some serious awards. His name is CJ Adams. Not only is he adorable, but he shines in this movie like there is no tomorrow. I am expecting to see really great things from him in the future. In this film he plays a great role but the role is so much more than the character. He stands for something deeper. The plot of the movie revolves around a couple who cannot have a child. They make a list of all the characteristics and personality traits that their child would have if they could have one. Then they bury it in the yard and their child, Timothy, comes out of the dirt. Far-fetched yes, amazing screenwriting, yes., everything about it fantastic, yes again.

This is a movie that I would recommend to anyone and everyone. Specifically though I think this movie really tells the tale about adoption in a true way that is rarely seen. It has great meaning to being different and not knowing where you came from. The storyline will truly touch your heart. I can attest that the whole row of people I saw it with were crying, including myself. Its a heartwarming story with a truly deep message. Most of all it reminds you how great kids are and how much one person can change the lives around them. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie also! It was very touching and I am expecting to see CJ Adams go very far. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete