Monday, September 24, 2012

Disappointed

Like the title says, I was really disappointed in last night's Emmy's. I am not all about television award shows, but I do make an effort to tune in. I knew that things were going to rough from the opening skit that Jimmy Kimmel assumingly arranged. I don't know why, but I don't usually find him to be all that funny. And last night, he was nothing even close to funny. The opening skit was disturbing with Lena Dunham being naked in the bathroom and then Kimmel trying to put on Ellen's pants. I just wanted Ellen to walk out and be the host instead.

Then the opening monologue hit and none of those jokes did anything for me either. I was in a live chat-room with People.com and no one else was really getting anything out of it either. I actually stopped watching the show about forty minutes into it. The presenters all had lame one-liners as well and even the introductions to the awards themselves were not entertaining. I am sorry to be so pessimistic, but I am just reporting what I saw.

I am truly happy for the whole cast of Modern Family and for Julie Bowen and Eric Stonestreet for their individual wins. I love, love, love that show and I am excited for the return next week.

Overall, the best dressed category is also slim pickings. I honestly want to start with the worst dressed of the night because I just need to get it off my chest. Nicole Kidman looked like she was heading for the beach with her hair-do and her lip injections look to obvious and scary on her face. Her dress was nothing to write home about and so she should not have worn in to an award show. Zooey Deschanel, first off I don't like her, and secondly her dress was gross. If that was an unfilled prom princess look, then don't choose to fulfill that dream. I also thought that Ginnifer Goodwin's dress was odd, I am not saying worst dressed by any means..but I felt like I didn't get it.

Best dressed was definitely Tina Fey, followed by Sofia Vergara and Julie Bowen. Other honorable mentions would be Kerry Washington and Emily VanCamp and Guiliana Rancic (by the way I was so happy she was back!).

Well that's it. I don't think I will be watching next year unless the host is far superior. Just kidding, I will always tune in to bring you the latest entertainment news.


No comments:

Post a Comment