Saturday, February 25, 2012

"You're Only A Day Away"

This famous line from the musical Annie really rings true today! They really are only a day away, The 84th Annual Academy Awards that is. I hope you are all going to be watching.

I will be on my couch to watch all the pre-show goodness, the red carpet glory, the amazing show and of course the aftermath on the after shows. Officially coverage starts at 12:30 Central Time on E!. I will be taping this part and tuning in so that I can fast forward through this part! However, during the actual show I will be on live time.

Most of you are probably excited for the red carpet. I am too, I especially love the Oscar's red carpet. The interviews on this particular red carpet really focus on the stars that are being nominated instead of who they think has the best dress of the night. I am looking forward to the dresses as well, but I am glad that this award show will focus on the merit of the actors and actresses both nominated and not this year.

Overall, 2011 was amazing year for film. The award show of all award shows will celebrate those who they believe deserved to get the top awards for their performances and contributions. It is an amazing thing to watch and it is an amazing thing for all those who even have the opportunity to attend. All hail the Academy Awards.

May this year be the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment