Sunday, February 12, 2012

Big Miracle

RUN! Do NOT WALK! GO SEE Big Miracle. This movie was amazing from start to finish. I enjoyed this film and got more warm fuzzies than I did from The Vow! Yeah, true statement there.

I am not a huge Barrymore fan but she lit up the screen in this rare film that ignites a care for creatures of all shapes and sizes. I think 2012 is a year about the animals, with this film and We Bought a Zoo. Big Miracle focuses on the true story that happened in 1988 when three Grey Whales were trapped beneath the surface of the water with no hope of making their annual migration south for warmer waters. The entire country became involved as well as Russia to save these whales. 

Not knowing much about the news story before I saw this film almost made it more magical. Of course I knew the outcome of the movie, seeing as the title is Big Miracle. But I was struck with awe at the young girl behind me who didn't think the whales would make it. She was so hysterical during one part of the film that I realized how important animals are to all of us. 

If you have any liking for whales or aquatic creatures this movie is for you. Even if you don't the chemistry of the actors chosen to play these parts was amazing. Dermot Mulroney was my favorite part of the film but the best acting was honestly done by a young boy named Ahmaogak Sweeney, I hope to see him in many more things! 

Check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment