Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another Top Five List

I hope you guys aren't tired of these lists yet. I thought it would be fun to focus on television for today. I feel like a lot of my blog has focused on movies, and I don't want TV to feel left out. I love comedic sitcoms so I thought I would post the top five in my opinion. None of these are on the air anymore, but I love to watch the re-runs

5.That 70's Show
Who doesn't love to watch this show?! Red's famous line sums up the mood of the entire sitcom: "How about my foot in your ass?" It's not always that exact line, but whatever the variation is, it is always funny. The fact that there is a television show about kids smoking weed all the time is funny in itself. Of course what makes a great comedic sitcom is the cast and this one is really and truly great. Each and every one of the kids on the show has gone on to do other things. One of my absolute favorite actresses, Mila Kunis, started off on this show when she was only 14 years old. She begged to be cast even though she was much younger than her projected character and the rest of the cast. Donna and Eric have the cute romance, but Jackie and Hyde steal the show in later years with their relationship. The show has a total of eight seasons this show can be enjoyed over and over. Best cast member: Mila Kunis


4. Seinfeld
I was of course going to put this show on my list, because it is extremely hilarious. I think most of you are thinking why number 4? I think most people put this show higher up on their list. I think the reasoning is my age. I love to watch this show but I wasn't watching them live and waiting each week for a new episode. Therefore, I don't feel as strong of a connection to the characters. Nevertheless, the show is fantastic and I find myself quoting Jerry Seinfeld all the time in my every day life. The interworkings of the foursome are great and comedic timing is this shows best feature. Best cast member: Jerry Seinfeld. Best line ever: Jerry: "How was I supposed to know, that she had a pony?"


3. Everybody Loves Raymond
I grew up watching this show and I love every minute of each episode. The cast has such strength and the story lines are so true to real life. The best part about this show to me is the setting. It takes place on Long Island and they life directly across the street from his parents, hilarious. Best cast member: Brad Garrett



2. Gilmore Girls
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! It got me through my junior year of college. I always used to watch an occasional show or rerun but then my roommate my junior year owned all of the seasons. I got really sick and started watching the first season. The next thing I knew I was staying up until 3 o'clock in the morning trying to watch one more episode. Best cast member: Lauren Graham. She is great on her new show Parenthood as well. The back and forth between Lorelai and Rory makes this show amazing to watch and you can learn so much about pop culture as a viewer.


Drum roll please...

1. FRIENDS
I honestly have yet to come by a show that is funnier than this. The cast is amazing! Best cast member in my opinion: Matthew Perry. I think I love him so much on this show because Chandler is my favorite character. He has such comedic timing and his facial features are what really make the character.  However, the entire cast is great and the reason this show is so great is because we can all relate to them. These things happen in our own lives with our own friends. The show ran for ten seasons and fans across the world are still clamoring for a movie years later. I watch mostly everything these stars do now because I love to see their range grow from their characters. I also truly believe that Ross & Rachel are the best TV couple ever. The last episode makes me ball every time I watch it. I own all ten seasons on DVD. I know, some of you are thinking that I am almost as obsessed with FRIENDS as I am with Meryl. And that might be true.


No comments:

Post a Comment