Monday, December 17, 2012

The Great Chris Pratt

Who doesn't know who Chris Pratt is?

If you just answered "me" in your head, then it's time to learn!

Let me teach you a lesson. Chris Pratt is an actor who is nothing short of hilarious. He is married to Anna Faris, fellow comedian. His list of accomplishments is many in television and every character he has played, he has become beloved. His current role is on Parks and Recreation where he plays the character of Andy Dwyer. I am not an avid watcher of the show, because I have a long list of other things to watch, but I do think the show is one of the funniest on television. Chris is among many comic greats in that show, but he stands out as one of the best.  Other highlights of his career include The Five Year Engagement, The O.C. and Everwood (which I watched religiously).

Although he has some other serious roles underneath his belt, his newest role is playing Justin in Zero Dark Thirty, a movie that revolves around the tracking down and killing of Osama bin Laden. His role in this film will not only be serious, but also hefty. I am so excited for Chris that he is broadening his horizons. He is venturing into more and more films while still acting on television and he is adding depth to his career and merit as an actor. I don't think that his character has a big enough role to be considered for an award nominations, but I do know that being a part of this film will push his career to the next level. In this film he is working with the greats of the greats: Jessica Chastain and Joel Edgerton. The best part is that he has now worked with the world renowned director Kathryn Bigelow. I am so excited to see what Chris will get to be a part of in 2013, I know great things are in store for this  talented actor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment