Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm the UNlucky One

Just got back from seeing The Lucky One. I have a mouthful to say. Let's first attack the movie as a whole. If you read the book, as I did, you will probably be severely disappointed. This is worse than the translation of Dear John. The basic storyline is there and all the character's names but every single subtle thing that could have been changed or stripped down was. I am not saying the film was bad by any means,  but it was a tad bit too cheesy at some moments for my own taste. I think the screenwriters overcompensated for the storyline because they felt that somehow people wouldn't understand it. It leaves audiences with too much information and a little bit of over explanation of simple-emotions in some scenes.

That all being said, the acting was not bad at all. And I loved that it starred Zac Efron. I think we can all say his days as a basketball childhood star are officially over. That five o'clock shadow is nothing short of hot. That brings me to my second problem I had while watching the film. That would be the audience that was watching it with me. If you go to see this film I would suggest going at an off time of day. The theater was teeming with fourteen year old girls who were giddy at the fact they were even allowed into the film. The maturity level was extremely low and during some scenes I almost turned around and said something. So, definitely go see it at a time when you don't think that young girls will be going. Also, don't bring your boyfriend or husband ladies, not their type of film at all. I would suggest overall if you see this film to wait for Redbox.

I consider myself unlucky for having this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment