Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Homeland Season 4

So I have been tossing around this idea for a post for quite some time now. Showtime's Homeland is a seriously addicting show. The characters are vivid and well versed and the ideas behind the show teeter on what we are so interested to know about terrorism and so terrified to actually find out. Although all of the scenarios are made up, they all seem extremely plausible and if you are like me you got sucked in after the first episode. 

Now, I have arrived seriously late to this party. I only watched all of the seasons this summer/fall and so I am a Homeland newbie. But, I am a dedicated fan. That being said, I am not sure where this season is going to lead. Without Brody we all feel a little lost, floundering around, not sure what mess Carrie will get herself into next. Saul is all detached and yet still involved creating an illusion of the old and trusted Homeland. I feel like I am being kept enticed but wanting to get out. So here are my predictions for what the writers will do next:

1. Actual idea
Carrie and Quinn fall in love and despite her feelings for dead Brody, she will be genuine in her relationship. They will run the station in Islamabad together and Carrie will eventually forget all about her and Brody's baby. 

2. What I want to happen
The new head of the CIA falls down an elevator shaft or someone gets rid of him (because he is intolerable). Saul falls back into his old job and brings Carrie back to the states where she co-captains with him and actually acts like a mother to her shrunken-down-Brody baby, while dating Quinn. 

3. Completely Ridiculous
Brody isn't really dead and returns to the United States looking for Carrie and Dana, only to find out that Dana is dead. 

Now, probably none of these things will happen. The point is that I need something to happen soon or else. Actually no or else, because unfortunately the back story and character depth is so good that I can't back out of this show now. And the likelihood that I will ever back out of watching it at all is slim to none. Nonetheless, I still like to complain when after three episodes essentially nothing has happened. I know that the writers have something good up their sleeves, I am just ready to see it now. With a show that usually backs so much into one episode, I am longing for any type of development right now, and I know I am not the only one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment