Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscars 2014

Best Dressed
Giuliana Rancic
Lupita Nyong'o (my number one pick!!)
Julia Roberts
Sandra Bullock
Jennifer Garner
Kate Hudson
Emma Watson

Worst Dressed
Portia de Rossi
Kristen Bell (too much going on)
Liza Minnelli


Highlights
  • On the red carpet Chitewel's sister who anchors over at CNN left him a message. The whole thing was adorable but what put it over the top was Chitewel's reaction. He was smiling from ear to ear and started to tear up! I loved it! 
  • Pharrell William's performance of "Happy" was not only great and showed his talent, but some famous A-listers showed off their dancing skills. Meryl Streep, Lupita Nyong'o and Amy Adams were shaking it. 
  • Lupita's speech was so inspiring and well spoken. I literally think she stole the entire night. She looked breathtakingly gorgeous and her delivery was impeccable. I would be flustered because of the excitement, but the words poured out of her with eloquence. 
  • Ellen. Seriously, I don't need to go into this because we all know that she was perfection as a host. But I will anyway, she was literally perfection as a host. The selfie that broke Twitter only scratches the surface on what was a great night. Her peace of mind and effortless humor made everyone feel right at home creating a great vibe for the night. The pizza delivery was beyond and asking Harvey to pay for it was my favorite part of the whole night.
 Gravity stole the entire night and I honestly felt bad that Sandra Bullock didn't win. I am not against the film winning all the smaller awards, but it seems odd that it won so many things and then didn't win best picture. I know that 12 Years a Slave deserves to win and I am not saying that it shouldn't, but it just seems backwards for one movie to rack up so many and then fall short of the final glory. That being said, the night was epic and I can't wait to see what films make the inner circle this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment