Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Most Jam Packed Cast EVER

I am so  jazzed about this post today. I was really excited to write about this particular upcoming film because I knew that it stars a lot of my favorites. What I didn't know and just discovered, was the vast amount of people who are actually involved in this project. So what is the movie you ask? The movie is titled The Butler and it is due to hit theaters at some point next year.

The film centers around a butler in the White House who served for over three decades and through the span of eight presidents. It is going to be a truly exciting film. I don't think there is a storyline quite like this one anywhere and the makers of the film seem to really be doing everything right. The biggest thing they have done right so far, as I have mentioned, is the cast. Check out all of these names that are involved in this film: Oprah Winfrey, Alex Pettyfer, John Cusack, Jane Fonda, Alan Rickman, James Marsden, Robin Williams, Vanessa Redgrave, Liev Schreiber, Lenny Kravitz, Jesse Williams, Forest Whitaker and Cuba Gooding Jr. to name a few. That list is crazy! Seriously, go back and read it again.

I am definitely most excited for Alan Rickman, who is playing the role of Ronald Reagan. I love him so much! I know that to some of you this is a broken record, but how could you not think Alan Rickman is the greatest actor ever? If you don't, I'm sorry, but you are missing something. I know that he will do excellent acting, as he always does, in this film. I am anxious to see how much of his British accent he can stow away though. I love, love, love him but when he played a southern doctor in Something the Lord Made...he wasn't able to hide his accent completely. Love you Alan, but I know this film will be better.

Robin Williams is another person I am really excited for when it comes to this film, and life in general. He hasn't done too much recently so this will bring a great recharge to his career. He is playing President Dwight Eisenhower. How cool is that? I am just so excited to see these historical men, some of whom are not with us anymore to come to life on the silver screen. I am a little bit of a history junkie so sorry if this is of no interest to you whatsoever. Either way, I think that everyone will be able to get something from this film. Look for it next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment