Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jillian Michaels Returns

Just read some very exciting news!  For all of you who don't know, I am a huge fan of the show the Biggest Loser.  I just read that Jillian Michaels will be returning as a trainer for the 14th season of the show! I am beyond excited. I always thought that she was a fabulous trainer because she was an excellent motivator and yet a strong supporter of the contestants on the show. I am wondering if both Bob and Dolvett will be returning for the season as well.

Either way, there is going to be another interesting twist in the next season. Every season has a mantra, last season's was No Excuses. This upcoming season seems to have a focus, and the focus has landed on childhood obesity. It has been leaked that the show will have contestants from the ages of 13 to 17 as well as adult contestants. When I first read this I was shocked because my mind starting reeling with all of the things that could go wrong with having contestants that were children. But it seems that the teens will not be weighed on camera and will not face elimination over the course of the season. I don't know how that will work out with the adult players, and the ratings, but it it sure to be an interesting ride. I just hope they feed the kids and don't starve them!

I am glad to see Michael's back and I am hoping that this twist will be good for the show. For all of you who read my posts during the last season, I was beginning to worry about the health of the contestants. The point of the show is for them to lose weight, but it became clear near the end of last season that there was some unhealthy weight loss going on. People were losing too much weight in one week for it to be healthy and the stresses added to the contestants by their fellow contestants and the trainers was unbelievable. I hope that the next season will bring the focus back to healthy weight loss. I will be tuning in. The season will start in January of 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment