Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gold, Gold, Gold

I have been watching the Olympics here and there, as I am sure that you have been as well. I love the Olympics, especially the summer games. My favorites to watch are gymnastics, swimming, diving, fencing and soccer. I truly think that there is no cooler lifetime achievement than winning an Olympic medal. Imagine being one of these young people that can say that for the rest of their lives! Amazing and hats off to all them, those who get to stand on the podium and those who don't...there athleticism, each and every one of them, is inspiring.

First of Michel Phelps winning 19 medals! He broke the world record for holding the most medals. All I can say for that is that's crazy!! Good for him. With everything that he has gone through both in public and in private in the last three years, I am glad to see that he is still the competitor that he was in 2008. I am sure that the world will see him in Rio as well.

Have you seen these fencing girls?! It's insane to me the noises that they make when they get a point! I have never seen anything like it, and honestly the first few minutes that I was watching it, they seemed disappointed to get the points. I then realized that this must just be the fencing scream or something, because they all do it! I think fencing is an extremely interesting sport, and always have since The Parent Trap! Who wouldn't want to shuffle their feet whilst holding a giant saber?

My favorite part of the Olympics so far though has been watching the Fab Five in gymnastics. Ever since I can remember, my favorite part of the Olympics has been gymnastics. I think it is because I have barely any range of flexibility and it is so fun to watch these girls flip, turn, and bend in ways that are unimaginable to me in my head! The team this year is made up of these adorable, young ladies who could not be any closer. I really enjoyed watching the beam exercises last night and I know that the who are headed for all-around gold have serious good odds to win!

Keep watching, you know I will be! Our medal count was tied with China as of last night, they have more gold than us though. Let's see what else these amazing athletes can do! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi (: my favorite part is Swimming! yeah :3 Michael Phelps is my idol, lol, gymnastic is a good one too! Tomas gonzales is one of my favorites ^^ i suppose USA is going to win, they'll win more gold than China i hope so :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hopeful as well that USA will take home more gold than China, but even if that does not happen, I get such entertainment just out of watching! Thanks for the comment, keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete