Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hunger Games News

This news has been on every entertainment site that I visit. I am of course interested in the series, having read all three books. I had some issues with the first movie as we all now, but overall I think that it was really well done. For months the buzz has been who will fulfill the rest of the roles in Catching Fire. I have been following this race very closely to see who will take the prize. This franchise is scoring major money and will continue to do so with the additional three films all coming out by the end of 2015.

So, what's the latest news on who will be in the cast? Phillip Seymour Hoffmann has been cast as Plutarch Heavensbee. The role of Johanna Mason has not yet been confirmed but Jenna Malone is in serious talks. I am really hoping that Meryl Streep is cast as Mags. I would die!!!

The film breakdown is as follows, Catching Fire is set to come out Thanksgiving 2013. The first part of Mockingjay is due November 2014 and the final installment November 2015. That is a lot of Thanksgiving with The Hunger Games. I don't know about you, but I am hoping that the change in directors will bring more depth to the character relationships. I think this franchise has such potential and I really hope that it will deliver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment