Thursday, July 19, 2012

All Things Bachelor & Bachelorette

So even though The Men Tell All special aired on Monday night, I just caught up with it last night. I thought overall, it had a very different feel from this episode in the past. Emily was actually in this episode more than any Bachelor or Bachelorette in the past. Her interviews with Chris that were featured at the beginning of the show were a little weird. It was nice, and don't get me wrong, I love Emily...I just feel like they are hiding something.

Here's why: normally After The Final Rose is aired the night after the final episode, back in the day you sometimes had to wait a whole week to see it. This Sunday the special is being aired directly after the final episode airs. I think the main reasoning for that is because Bachelor Pad starts on Monday, but I am sensing that something else is going on. The up and coming look at the finale looks so weird and I cannot get a handle on what is actually going to happen. Plus, there have been all these rumors circulating that Chris Harrison and Emily are together and that she is very happily engaged. Either way, she is engaged to someone right now because she is in talks of having her own spin-off show in which she would plan her wedding and then the whole thing would actually air on television. I think that would be great and she definitely has the following of viewers to make it successful. I am seriously praying that she has chosen Jef to marry and not Arie. The more that I let myself think of the whole thing, the more I get turned off to Arie in general. And I cannot imagine watching a show in which she plans her wedding to Arie...he is boring. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

That all being sad, it was so sad to watch Sean on The Men Tell All. I really hope that he considers becoming the next Bachelor. He definitely has the fan base that ABC is always looking for when choosing a piggyback from a previous season. He also is so charismatic and just downright adorable. I think he would be an excellent choice.

Lastly, I am so excited for Bachelor Pad. I love this series and they always air it during the summer when nothing else is really on. The thing that does not look that appealing is the cast that they have chosen. When watching the preview last night it looks like all the women from Ben's season and all the men from Jillian's season. I thought that major point of this spin-off was to get all the past contestants to interact. If you have two big groups from the same seasons, then you are going to have tAnd now they are adding in superfans. The first that I have to say about that, is that I definitely should be on this show as a superfan. Secondly, I don't think that this idea is going to add to the show. I think it is going to create a lot of awkwardness. Of course I am still going to watch the season and I hope that it ends up well and good. And if it doesn't then we will all enjoy the drama along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment