Thursday, January 5, 2012

Awards, Awards, Awards

The first thing that I have to say is this, I just hate it when I write a whole blog and then the computer freezes. But that's beside the point I guess.

Today's film is one of the only suspenseful films that Meryl has ever been in. It's intense, to say the least. It features John C. Reilly, Kevin Bacon and David Strathairn. I won't keep you in suspense any longer, the film is The River Wild. When I started my Meryl movie watching I was stoked to see this movie. But my mom kept telling me that it was not a movie I should watch alone in my dorm room. I kind of believed her, so I listened. I rented the movie from Netflix knowing it would show up on a weekend that I was going home.

I sat down to watch it with my mom, dad, sister and my friend Collin. All I have to say is watch this film. If you are not on the edge of your seat the entire time, I'm pretty sure that there is something really wrong with you. The film is all about Streep's character, Gail Hartman, and her son going on a white water rafting trip for his birthday gift. It start out as a great trip, but turns deadly when a gang of robbers decides to use the river as their escape route.

I don't want to say any more, because I honestly think that every individual should see this movie. Check out the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj79IquLLVw


And just in case you haven't heard enough about The Iron Lady check this out... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1007029/#lb-vi1755357465

No comments:

Post a Comment