Monday, December 24, 2012

Top 10 New Jersey Movies




I LOVE New Jersey! I have a lived in a lot of places in my short lifetime, but I will forever and always be a Jersey girl! That's why the perfect post for today is the Top 10 New Jersey Movies. There are so many movies that take place in The Garden State but not all of them are deemed worthy be Jentertainment.

Check it out!

13 Going On 30
This was one of my favorite movies as a teenager and I still hold it close to my heart. Jennifer Garner's playful nature is contagious ad you find yourself feeling like you are thirteen no matter what age you are. The whole movie isn't set in the great state of NJ, but her parents live there and she grew up in suburbia.

A Beautiful Mind
This movie takes place in Princeton, New Jersey at the ever famous and dignified Princeton University. Famous mathematician John Nash goes through his life trying to perfect a mathematical theorem while his life turns into a nightmare.

The Fighter
This movie is rough around the edges and the not "set" in New Jersey but it was filmed there. The movie, as most of you who have seen it know, it set in Boston. It is nothing short of obvious when you watch the film because the accents are so thick. The movie is long, so stick with it, but it's a winner.

Garden State
Zach Braff and Natalie Portman when they were both still babies are the stars of this eclectic film. Zach's character Andrew returns home to where he grew up after his mother's death.

Paul Blart Mall Cop
"Welcome to the show!" This movie is so hysterical. Definitely Kevin James best performance.

You've Got Mail
Who doesn't love this movie? The setting is New York but parts of the movie were again filmed in New Jersey.

The Wedding Singer
A classic 80's film starring Adam Sandler. Many people haven't this seen and it's a must see at least once in your life.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
I saw this movie this movie and it automatically shot up to one of my favorite films of all time. The acting is dead-on and the plot truly makes you appreciate your own life.

National Treasure
This movie heads all over the place, but Nicholas Cage's character lives in the state of New Jersey. I love this original film and the sequel even though Nicholas Cage is one of the worst actors around.

Friday the 13th 
I actually stayed in the cabin where this movie was filmed in the state of New Jersey on a school trip. It was definitely creepy. I have never seen the movie before but that is because scary movies are strictly not for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment