Thursday, December 13, 2012

Golden Globe Nominations

The news is officially out as of 8 o'clock this morning. I finally got a look at the nominees for 2013's Golden Globes about an hour ago. Some of the results are very surprising and a few made me upset, but overall the list is pretty decent. I scored a 42% in predicting the nominees in the categories I posted on the other day. Not too bad, but I am shooting for more accurate results when I predict the Oscars. 

Here are my notes from the nomination

1. I am so happy that Bradley Cooper was finally nominated. He has grown so much as an actor and he definitely deserves this. 

2. It saddens me deeply that Viola Davis was not nominated for anything. She came so close earlier this year. I know that nominations and awards don't mean everything when it comes to acting, but they do mean something. Viola is a woman who truly deserves the recognition. 

3. Sally Field did get nominated for Best Supporting Actress, and that is a mistake. Other things that made me roll my eyes were Nicole Kidman (Best Supporting Actress), Julianna Margulies (Best Performance TV Drama), Denzel Washington (Best Performance Actor) and Hayden Panettiere (Best Supporting Role in TV Miniseries). 

4. I am really glad that Argo scored a lot of nominations including Best Director for Ben Affleck. I wish that he would win but I have a really big feeling that Kathryn Bigelow will sweep the floor again, this time with her film Zero Dark Thirty.

5. Who else is overjoyed that Adele's ballad from Skyfall appropriately title "Skyfall" got a nod?! 

All in all, the list is half bad. I am really excited to see the awards and I am still definitely psyched that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are hosting. The awards will take place on January 13th airing on NBC and its bound to be an unpredictable and exciting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment