Monday, May 14, 2012

The Bachelorette

I know that a lot of you are diehard fans of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, so I probably don't need to remind you to set your DVR's. But just in case you forgot, Emily's season of The Bachelorette starts tonight at 9:30/8:30 central. I will most definitely will be watching.

Of course, with any season of this show you hear a lot of rumors before the season starts. Let me just clarify right now, that I LOVE Emily. I was so thrilled when Brad picked her and sad to see their relationship crumble. But then again, he seemed to have some anger issues so Emily is better off without him. I am glad that she has gained this opportunity and I am wondering what unique spirit she will bring to this season. She is of a single mom (her daughter Ricki is adorable by the way!), but many bachelor and bachelorette contestants have been in the past as well. I have already heard how Ricki's grandparents (Emily's deceased fiance's parents) do not approve of their granddaughter being on the show and/or Emily making money off of exploiting herself and her family. Now that is just tabloid rumors, but I guess we will see how the season plays out. There is always a little something added with each new bachelorette. This unique dynamic will be sure to change the kind of men that Emily is interested in and were cast in the first place.

Either way, we are bound to find ourselves watching some major drama. I hope they got some hot guys this go around. I am excited and I know you guys are too! I really love the first night because even though I don't remember any of the contestants' names when the show is over, the crap they pull and come up with to impress the bachelor or the bachelorette is usually hilarious. I am sure that tonight will be no exception.

I just hope that no one says anything about Chris Harrison's divorce! Of course, this season was filmed months ago when his relationship with wife of eighteen years still appeared to be fantastic. But, you just never know with this franchise. I hope they leave Chris alone and no one is too hard on him on Twitter. Let the man parade begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment